Wedding tradition has shown that the wedding centerpieces that adorn reception tables often have much to do with setting the tone for the post-ceremony celebration. With this in mind, the choice of wedding centerpieces is certainly one of the biggest decisions that must be considered in the wedding planning process. For brides having limited budget, however, this decision can also put an enormous dent in the wedding budget and striking a balance between beauty and affordability in this area can become a challenge. Thankfully, there is a way to plan for centerpieces on a budget without scrimping on elegance and style – and it all starts with the DIY wedding centerpiece.
For the bride, the decision to actually make the table displays should always include the enlistment of help from bridesmaids and their family members. With a little due diligence and aforethought by all, the end result will be DIY wedding centerpieces that are every bit as lovely as professional arrangements – except at a fraction of the cost.
Below are a few DIY centerpiece tips and ideas to help you get started:
- Recruit help from the bridesmaids. As part of the wedding party, they, too, will have a vested interest in producing the centerpieces in plenty of time for the big day. Keep the team involved in both the choosing of the arrangement and the finding and organizing of supplies to ensure that no interest along the way!
- For DIY wedding centerpiece ideas, checkout wedding website, do visit your local florist and cut pictures of favorite arrangements out of bridal magazines. Share levels of difficulty for each arrangement idea with the team. Always keep in mind the number of guests and the fact that one centerpiece is needed for each table and possibly two at the head table.
- Save $100’s of the wedding budget by putting a “simple” spin on the traditional floral centerpiece. Oftentimes a delicate table display of two or three lovely white tulips in a slender crystal vase can prove to be the most elegant of DIY wedding centerpieces. Don’t be afraid to think “less is more”.
- Instead of fresh flower arrangements, go for beautiful potted plants. Visit local nurseries to find seasonal plants that bloom flowers in the colors of your wedding. Plant your flowers in pretty terracotta pots purchased in bulk from nearby located pottery store. Devise a fun way for one guest at each reception table to “win” that table’s centerpiece at the end of the night.
- Consider candle arrangements as an alternate to floral centerpieces. Candles create an air of romance and enchantment and look amazing in low indoor lighting or on outdoor reception table in the evening. Buy candelabras from nearby discount store and use one per table with simple white candles. For a less formal centerpiece, float several candles in a round water-filled crystal bowl. For effect, sprinkle rose petals in the water as well as on the table around the bottom of the bowl. Something as simple as a pillar candle surrounded by scented tea-lights at the center of the table will work superbly for just pennies on the dollar.
- For theme weddings, a DIY centerpiece should reflect the day’s motif. For example, oriental or Asian-themed weddings might have a bonsai tree or a large origami creation at the center of each reception table. For beach-themed weddings, consider a DIY centerpiece resembling a sand castle or a beach scene. Use your imagination!
- Consider edible DIY wedding centerpieces. Guests love a centerpiece they can snack on! Create fresh fruit arrangements or a miniature wedding candy bar display. Add chocolate lollipops or Hershey’s Kisses decorated in glitter, streamers or balloons.
- Create personal centerpieces that focus on the bride and groom. Self written items such as love poems or stories of the pre-wedding romance accompanied by photographs of the happy couple in special picture frames will delight family and friends as they sit and chat at the table.
- Don’t underestimate the value of the local dollar store when shopping for supplies to make your centerpieces. Dollar stores generally have an entire section dedicated to wedding crafts as well as bulk volume of any supply that you require.
Whatever you finalize to do, make the important wedding tasks a team effort and have fun! When all is said and done, the DIY wedding centerpiece will be a reflection of the love of all who were involved and that, in the end, will be all that matters.
With the large network of local wedding vendors, BridalPlayBook offers the most comprehensive wedding website. You will be able to find the perfect vendor for your budget and plan your wedding exactly the way you envisioned it.
Get in touch with us if you are looking for wedding catering services, wedding makeup artist, wedding DJ services, wedding photo booth, wedding videographer, wedding photographer, wedding florist services, Wedding Cakes Vendors and lots more wedding planning vendors at very competitive rates.